No Time But So Many Things to Do!

What is on my list you ask? Wellllll, you asked for it. Before winter freezes the ground I need to put up irrigation hoses; winterize water pump; fetch two tons of straw for mulch and animal bedding; butcher chickens and ducks; move friends pigs to my place; clean out sheds so vehicles will fit; switch clothes for colder weather; fetch two pickup trucks full of pumpkins and store; get goats bred; get another ton of hay; get more potatoes; and clean out the basement I want to turn into a walipini.

The walipini needs to be done before cold weather hits or I won't be able to get the dirt out of the hole with a shovel. It is the most important thing that I want to do right now--but I keep putting it off. Things I need to do: clear out rotting wood poles and put at base of trees (first pull nails); clear out garbage left from previous owner; clear out cobblestones and dirt that contractor dumped in basement when cleaning up property; stack straw as backing; pound posts as anchors; and buy and build plastic greenhouse wall. That doesn't seem like too much to do in four weeks does it? If only there weren't quite so many lists waiting for me just as long....

No comments