The Winter Water Hauling Has Begun

The temperatures are cold enough that I have started to haul water for all the animals from the kitchen so that they can have a warm drink. I will still be filling the buckets with the hoses for as long as I can but to melt that thin layer of ice on the top this is what I do in the mornings. In a way it is a blessing, it means there will be a moderate amount of time for me to be outdoors even without all of the extensive gardening and tree watering. This is where the winter wardrobe makes its appearance with face masks, goggles, wool socks, coveralls, and above all winter biking gloves. If at this point I was curling my hair or doing anything else fancy with it now is the time to stop because the gear is not friendly to elaborate coiffes. So I guess it is lucky that I love to wear braids so much.

3 comments

  1. Not sure my first comment went through so I'll try again! Sorry if it duplicates.

    I just complained about my own perpetual hat head this morning. I finished up watching your cream separation video. I came by looking for contact information so I could see if you'd have a few moments for a couple questions. We're heading into our third year with milk goats. I've got enough girls heading into milk this year I'm upgrading and adding to some of our equipment. Anyway hope you have a moment for a quick email or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Fire away with questions! marsjuli@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. I never thought about doing something like this. I can understand how this would be really beneficial for the animals, but also didn't know that you would have to do this if the water got too cold. I'll have to look into this and see if there is an easier way to accomplish this and on a larger scale. Hopefully I can find something. http://www.dwjensendrilling.com/

    ReplyDelete