Pinterest Gives me Blogging Inspiration

Sometimes when I feel the writing 'duhs' it helps to go on pinterest and look at all of the pretties to remind me what I am interested in and want to try for the day. The first thing that comes to mind is sewing. There are boxes and boxes of old sheets and donated fabric in our house. Some in the basement, some in my bedroom, some in pretty baskets in the living room. So many fun projects: pajamas, duvet covers, curtains, slip-covers, the possibilities are endless! Unfortunately at this point I need to dream and keep my hands off of the sewing machine and scissors. Until I know we have enough hay, bedding, pumpkins, and potatoes my days are too full of dirty, messy stuff to be able to sit down and make a mess out of my kitchen table with fabric scraps.


Isn't it fun to be well rested enough and yet not bored that the changing of the seasons brings a whole new list of fun and important projects with it? I watched a video on drop-spindling yesterday and my hands started to twitch a little bit at the thought of spinning some of Jumper's wool. Once winter really gets here my general trend is to spend my morning doing yoga so that I feel like I had some good movement in my day. Then the rest of the day is free to spend spinning, sewing, and housework. Without the yoga I don't really notice when I am hunching over a sewing machine with bad posture or cramping my hands from knitting for too long. Those positions can take a toll on us and since I can't do exercise in any way that really burns calories (have to keep calories high for my brain to function) yoga really fits the bill for me.








No comments